HISTORY OF TAYABAS TERRITORIAL BOUNDARY
Long before, in the 18th century the town of Tayabas had a 30,000 hectares land area. Territorial boundary between Tayabas and Sariaya was set in 1770 - a marker was put near Gibanga River; between Tayabas and Lucban in the year 1846.
A coastal barangay of Cotta, a thriving trading area of Tayabas became a town in 1879. The place is now called Lucena. Thus, land area of Tayabas was reduced to what is now 23,095 hectares.