This humble presentation your City Vice Mayor Manuel Victorio T. Maraig thru the Office of the City Vice Mayor aims a highly professionalized institution of legistation.
In pursuit of thi Vision, the Office of the City Vice Mayor shall be the leading independent, exclusive, accountable, and distinct resource of all sovereign local policies which are appropriate and necessary toward local governance, which include:
- Honest leadership working with Tayabasin in the delivery of resolutions ordinances and measures which are much needed in city’s development plans, program objectives and priorities;
- Improve local development administration and financing through effective legislation;
- Harness cordial and cooperative relations which national, provincial, city and barangay leaders; and
- Exercising such other powers and performing such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by the law or ordinance.
To cultivate a cordial and fraternal relations with national, provincial and barangay leaders.
With this objective and vision may the God Almighty guide and bless us TAYABAS.
Duties and Functions
Powers, Duties and Compensation. The vice-mayor shall:
- Be the presiding officer of the sangguniang bayan and sign all warrants drawn on the municipal treasury for all expenditures appropriated for the operation of the sangguniang bayan;
- Subject to civil service law, rules and regulations, appoint all officials and employees of the sangguinang bayan, except those whose manner of appoinment is specifically provided in this Code;
- Assume the office of the municipal mayor for the unexpired term of the latter in the event of permanent vacancy as provided for in Section 44, Book I of this Code;
- Exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the municipal mayor in cases of temporary vacancy as provided for in Section 46, Book I of this Code; and
Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
Telephone Number: (042) 793-3755
Email Address: email@example.com